February 27, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ The Thundering Storm

Remembering a stormy day when this poem came to mind. I suddenly wrote it down before I would forget it and figured it would be my Wednesday's poem on my blog one day and today is that day..


The Thundering Storm

Darkened clouds swirling in the sky above
Heavy rain pouring down making it hard to see
Umbrellas turn inside out are no use at all
The wind is blowing strong almost taking me.

People scatter finding safety from the storm
While dangerous lightening strikes near by
They watch as it strikes a nearby falling tree
While thunder and lightening blacken the sky.

Finally, finally wind is slowly calming down
Dark clouds scattering in the afternoon sky
No more the sound of ear piercing thunder
As I watch smiling faces on people passing by.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The painting is by Douglas Gray an award-winning artist who was born in Harrogate in1965 and began his professional artistic career in the study of illustration and enjoyed significant success over a 20-year period with clients including Saatchi and Saatchi, Warner Brothers and Universal Studios. He now concentrates on fine art, specializing in contemporary figurative and cityscape oil paintings. Click on his name to visit his site.

Until the next time my friends, have a day of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I love the painting and your poem perfectly captures the mood of it. Happy rest of your week ahead dear Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem with a lovely picture. I love thunderstorms as long as I can stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I can actually feel the storm in that poem...very realistic. Love your poetry...always such a blessing and gift!! Love the painting too. Hope you have sunshine today!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.