February 6, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Wondering

Remembering days when I was young and able to walk, run, ride, etc..   (no I never scuba dived or raced a car but I could wonder 😊)  It brought this poem I wrote to mind. It was fun writing it.


Wondering

What's it like to scuba dive
What's it like to race a car
What'll it be like to test drive
What's it like to raise the bar?

What's it like to run a marathon
What's it like to walk a long mile
What's it like to run at early dawn
Just the thought has made me smile

Wondering I think and finally surmise
If I did all the above now at my age
My body would be in for a big surprise
So I, stop wondering and turn the page

But I will never cease to wonder
About all the things I cannot do
Yes, I will never cease to wonder
Tell me the truth now, would you?

Toni Taddeo ©


Chuckle Of The Day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. I do 'wonder' from time to time. Good poem this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at times of all the things I used to do. I would love to gain some of that back. Love the poem, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder too, and yet, I KNOW I cannot do those things, so I am content to do what I CAN do and leave the really wild stuff up to the more adventuresome younger folks. Great poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes I wonder all the time! Glad you put it in words.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.