March 27, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ A New Born Earth

I thought I would celebrate Spring today with a new born poem of mine, but an early Spring just when the buds on trees and flowers are starting to bloom and grass is turning green. The air has a new fresh smell to it and you happily enjoy breathing it all in. The photo is early Spring in the Painswick Rococo Garden, Cotswold England.


A New Born Earth

Buds appearing on the trees
Brown grass turning green
Wind is calming down now
Everything seems so serene

Temps are turning warmer still
Color springs from all around
Up above how blue the sky
Singing birds, a lovely sound

Sweet fragrance fills the air
Laughing children can be heard
And I am taking all this in
While walking saying not a word

A new born earth has come alive
Sounds of Spring so softly heard
And as I stroll along the lane
No need to utter a single word.


Toni Taddeo ©


Thought For The Day


Until the next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem. Well done.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially hungered for spring this year after a winter of sickness. Your poem is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy poem! I hope spring is all you want it to be :). Good luck to the Yankees today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie :) I hope they start the season off with a win.

      Delete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.