May 26, 2019

Sunday Stealing ~ Book Questions

Linking in with Sunday Stealing for today. I like this week's meme. It's a mix of book questions. I'll post and answer most except for a few of them that don't really pertain to me. I've answered all of today's questions as I am a true lover of books and being well read.


Book Questions
1. Authors you never get tired of reading?
Agatha Christie and Jane Austin

2. A book you bought for the cover, and discovered it was better than you thought?
Mary Higgins Clark's "I've Got You Under My Skin".

3. A book that made you laugh and cry, and made you depressed?
None that I can remember as I basically read fiction and only those that relax me and are enjoyable.

4. A book that was a pleasant surprise?
Carolyn Hart's "Letter From Home" It was my favorite for many years. Her other books didn't affect me the same.

5. A book everyone loves that you don’t?
For me it's anything written by Stephen King and Ann Rice. I'm not a fan of either authors.

6. A book with a great sidekick that you like more than the hero?
I always liked Dr. Watson better than Sherlock Holmes 😊

7. A book that helped you through a difficult time?
The Bible. If it wasn't for The Lord's Word I couldn't handle any of life's tragedies and losses.

8. A book that taught you something valuable?
The Bible as His Word teaches me every time I open it.

9. A book or series that it took you awhile to get into?
Adriana Trigiani's 4 book series starting with "Big Stone Gap". They were New York Times best sellers and came as a gift from a cousin of mine. Once I got into the books I enjoyed reading them even though they were not my type of books.

10. A fictional character you’d love to have to dinner.?
Very easy. Hercule Poirot of course and I'd love to have tea with Miss Marple. 😉



Until the next time dear family and friends have a Sunday of blessings





8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of Rice or King either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like mysteries, I recommend Laura Childs and Kaitlyn Dunnett. I enjoyed your answers--my nose has been stuck in a books since Thursday, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'll check them out. Don't forget to wipe that black ink off the tip of your nose from the pages in the books. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I could have answered the Bible for all of these, I loved your answers! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trigiani is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...book with a great sidekick that you like more than the hero?
    I always liked Dr. Watson better than Sherlock Holmes 😊"

    WHAT!??? 😱

    ReplyDelete
  6. Used to love reading Stephen King, and tried to give "It" a re-read a year or so ago. I realized that he does go on and on...he needed a good editor, lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can agree with what you said! I dont like Rice or King either.. sick stuff in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.