May 29, 2019

Word Fun

Words have always interested me, I guess that's why I like to put many together in rhyme. One of my favorite kind of words are anagrams. I thought you might enjoy reading some I've found through the years. There are so many, many more but I'll leave them for another time.
(a word, or sentence formed by rearranging another word/sentence)
In No Special Order
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Butterfly = Flutter By
Listen = Silent
Shamrock = OK Charms
Punishment = Nine Thumps
a decimal point = I’m a dot in place
A diet = I’d eat
A Gentleman = Elegant Man
a perfectionist = I often practice
A shoplifter = has to pilfer
A stitch in time saves nine = Is this meant as incentive?
A telephone girl = Repeating “Hello”
A telescope = To see place
Achievements = Nice, save them
Action man = cannot aim
animosity = is no amity
asteroid threats = disaster to earth
Astronomers = Moon starers or No more stars
Halleys Comet = Shall Yet Come
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed reading these as much as I enjoyed putting them here for you. Until next time have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. "Nine Thumps"--thanks for the fit of giggles. Have a beautiful day friend. Warm, humid and raining yet again here in western NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ones! Amazing what you can make out of those words! That is intriguing. I need to challenge my brain to do those things more often. Thank you for sharing them with us. That was neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this! Very interesting how words have such meaning.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.