October 12, 2019

Saturday 9 ~ Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.


Tim McGraw– August 10, 2011)
Live Like You Were Dying (2003)


Unfamiliar with this week's song?
Hear it Here

1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have?
I'd like to believe so. πŸ˜‡

2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things? Would you like to?
No, No and No!

3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe?
Button down shirts but never white and Blue Jeans or as I grew up calling them Dungarees and Levi's.

4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements?   
I never wear hats but if I did it would be protection from the sun and that would be my NY Yankee cap and visor.

5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season?
My team the NY Yankees has just one more step to the World Series. They won the division series and today they will be playing for the ALCS aka the Pennant series. If they win the next step is the World Series.



6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent gettogether you had with friends.
October 3rd Girls Day Out. With my two sisters and two nieces for lunch and get together. We do that every so often.

7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again?
Never! I couldn't picture an 81 year old with tattoos. Plus I'm not a lover of them.

8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane? What was your destination?
June 6th 2006 coming home to New York from 9 months living in California. It took 2 planes, 3 stops and 13 hours. Never again. Although today in my condition I would never be able to travel anymore.



9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked?

Hmmmmm... Probably when I was a toddler. πŸ˜„



                                      Keeping With The Subject, Quote Of The Day


Columbus Day is Monday and I know some who do and some who don't. But just in case you do I wish you a blessed and happy one..


Until the next time dear family and friends, many blessings

3 comments:

  1. The Yankees are doing so good this year but it went fast. It seems that it was just opening season a bit ago. Nice quote by Tim McGraw. Have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Yankees Go!!! What I wouldn't give to see the Yankees and the Cardinals, but I am not sure we get past the Nationals. I didn't think we would get past the Braves either. Good luck to your team!!! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good friend, Toni, smiles. I'm a Cubs fan, think we discussed that before, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. πŸ’œ Many blessings dear friends.