October 20, 2019

Sunday Stealing ~ Firsts

Linking in with → Sunday Stealing ← for today. I like this week's meme. This one is titled, "Firsts" and it's a mix of questions. I usually pick and choose the questions. I'll post and answer most except for a few of them that don't really pertain to me. This week I skipped a few that didn't pertain or couldn't answer, to me.


Firsts...

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?  Who is that old lady starring back at me?? I don't remember inviting her here..😮

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?  I'm 81 do you think I would remember that?? Nine times out of ten it was to visit a relative of the family in another state.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?  Milk, water in bottles, and food.

4. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?  Too many beautiful places here in our world but as long as it's Autumn so I can see the world's true beauty without having to see what's beneath all that beauty.

5. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?  Couldn't tell you as I don't drive anymore. 😉

6. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?  "I am blessed, she is beautiful. Thank you Lord."

7. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?  If I remember correctly I was 14 and went shopping with my Mom on the subway to 14th street a well known area in the Bronx for fashions and bought my first grown up outfit for Easter. I got to buy a beautiful big picture hat (they were very popular at that time). Coming home I was so excited to show my outfit off and realized my beautiful hat was missing. I never found it and cried for a whole week. I don't remember if it was ever replaced.

8. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?  Hmmmm.. Being around since FDR I never had a favorite First Lady that I admired more than others. I do have one that was far from an admired First Lady and she was married to Clinton.

9. Post a link to your first blog post.  If I read this question right there is no way I would remember my first blog post as that was in early 1995 and it was known as websites then. Or if I read it again I would post a "Hello All" "I'm so excited to have my own website" kind of post.

10. Can you explain what a first down is in football?  It's the first of a series of usually four downs in which a football team must net a 10-yard gain to retain possession of the ball. A gain of a total of 10 or more yards within usually four downs giving the team the right to start a new series of downs. Not that I really knew this being a baseball fan. This is the answer I found on Google. 😃


Until the next time dear family and friends have a Sunday of blessings


5 comments:

  1. Giggling over the last one, and giggling over the lady in the mirror--I say the same thing everyday. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, shame about the Easter hat :( Those kinds of things mean a lot to kids and you never forget them. I had to Google first down too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer to #8. That's a great answer!!! I did think Jackie Kennedy was beautiful, and Barbara Bush was nice, but our current First Lady is amazing in so many ways. I believe she is to be admired and respected and it is sad that our current society has snubbed her so severely. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad that you lost your Easter bonnet! As for a First Lady, I have to agree with Pamela. Enjoyed visiting with you and reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers Toni. A blessed week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.