September 13, 2017

Time For Apples & Baking

Here is a favorite muffin of mine this time of year when apples are fresh off the trees, a delicious and easy muffin. Great for your family, guests or just for yourself they can be made ahead and can be frozen besides. For me it's always hard just to have one and so with a freshly made cup of coffee I might have two.

Autumn Apple Muffins

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sweet butter, melted
1 cup apple - peeled, cored and chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 6 or 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

NOTES:   I use a 6 large muffin pan and I don't use the salt but that's me. Usually 1 good sized apple will make a cup chopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a blessed day my friends, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how yummy is that. smiles. I like your background here, Toni. smiles

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.