September 6, 2017

Wednesday's Poetry Apple Picking Time

September here in New York is Apple Picking Time. Upstate New York is loaded with apple farms and when my mom was alive and my children were young we would go to the farms and have a fun day of picking apples.


Apple Picking Time

Her smiling face reaching high
Picking apples from the tree.
Mama watches daughter's joy
Filling their basket gleefully.

The farmer smiles watching too
As she runs to pick another.
Adding to their apple basket
As Mama holds her baby brother.

Fresh apple pies for dessert
When at home they will bake.
Treats for Papa when he sees
Oven filled with pies and cake.

Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adorable photo found on the net. Not much going on today and the weather is supposed to be rainy with chance of thunderstorms so I'll either read, watch tv or just hang out. In the meantime dear friends have a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. {{{Big Smiles}}} I love this time of the year, smiles. I hope you have a lovely day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David & LeAnn went apple picking this weekend for one of the early apples (I don't remember with one!!) Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great poem and I just love how you put the perfect pictures with them.
    I picked the apples off my tree on Sunday and there were only 3 of them! There had been many more and I have no idea what happened to the rest.
    Rained here this morning and looks dull and is humid out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute poem from your precious memories!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.