February 28, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Cabin In The Woods

When the poetry mood hits me I find many things I've seen, heard or read that brings a picture to mind and words that turn into poetry swirling through my mind. The type poem I end up writing could be spiritual, happy, sad or comical. 95% of the poems I write are definitely not biographical as some may think. I find the subject and my thoughts take it from there. With that said here is a poem I wrote when seeing the following picture I happened to come across.


Cabin In The Woods

Watching the sun rise in the east
Sitting on the porch quietly alone
As daylight lights the morning sky
This, the only life she's ever known

Her little cabin hidden in the woods
Many miles away from any town or kin
She reads her books each and every day
Of faraway places she has never been

Her only companions are the wildlife
That greet her every early morn
She waves and smiles back at them
The white tail doe and baby fawn

The days and years pass swiftly by
And the sun still rises every day
The empty chair now on the porch
For she has quietly passed away.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I wrote the poem I felt a little sad but knew I had to write it anyway. I hope you see the sad lonely beauty of the subject. Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Love the line, "she reads her books each and every day." I can think of no better thing to do in a cabin in the woods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I was rocking in my chair, reading my books, watching my deer in the yard, watching the sunrise...and then I came to the end of the poem, and I thought...yep, that will be me someday! This really touched me...my house isn't quite a little cabin in the woods, but I tend to think of it that way...I guess there are worse ways to spend a life. Thank you for your gift of poetry. You are a gifted lady in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Toni, you really touched my heart with this one.
    I wish everyone could go on forever in life.
    Her life seemed to beautiful, so sweet and simple.
    I really love how you choose pictures that really paint your words.
    Happy Wednesday night my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni,
    I follow your blog and have to tell you how I wish we could meet because you sound like such a caring, loving person...your poetry attests to that...I do not have a blog but love to follow certain blogs and yours makes me happy...I love your smile on your pic...take care...your poem is powerful and makes me feel grateful to be able to read and enjoy simple pleasures...that is what life is about, right?!!!diane

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.