March 10, 2018

It's Time Again

While the adoption of Daylight Saving Time is almost always rife with controversy, most of the world (except for countries around the Equator) has implemented DST at one point or another. Today, approximately 70 countries utilize Daylight Saving Time in at least a portion of the country. Japan, India, and China are the only major industrialized countries that do not observe some form of daylight saving. As for the states, parts of Arizona doesn't observe DST either. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is often incorrectly referred to as “daylight savings time”. In some countries, it is also called “summer time”. When DST is not observed, it is called standard time, normal time or winter time.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a little poem I wrote about the time change. Thought you might get a kick out of it. :)


An Hour Lost

Tick, tock, tick, tock
Ding dong chimes the clock

It's the time to move ahead
Lose an hour then go to bed

Sun comes up an hour late
This is time I truly hate

Let me sleep an hour more
Then I'll dress and out the door

Daylight saving time is here
Seven months of the year

It's time again to move ahead
Up and at 'em, get out of bed.

Toni Taddeo ©

Now don't forget to change your clocks tonight. I usually change my clocks Saturday morning, it's a habit from when my kids were young so by bedtime they were already used to the change. Until the next time my friends, have a weekend of blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I usually forget to set my clock back and this year is no exception. Thank you for the reminder. Your poem is very cute. Thank you for the weekend blessings. I pray you have many weekend blessings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder...I just heard that Florida, where I live, is planning to keep it DST always, so we won't be "falling back" in the fall! I am not sure how that will work with the rest of the world, but "time" will tell! Pun intended. Have a great day. I will set my clocks when I am getting ready for bed, but I like your idea too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually change them before I go to bed, confusing the guys, LOLOL. Hope you have a lovely day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.