April 8, 2018

My Latest Movie Review

It's been awhile since I did one of my movie reviews but thought after seeing this film which I highly recommend that I would post my review of the film without giving too much of the plot away.

Rating:

Goodbye Christopher Robin:  To Winnie the Pooh fans the script was not centered on the creation of Winnie the Pooh as it was centered on A.A. Milne's relationship to his son and Milne's post dramatic stress. The movie's ultimate theme is the effects of fame on the son Christopher Robin. It is a very thoughtful film, well written, acted, and filmed. I felt like I was actually watching the Milne family. The actor playing Christopher Milne was phenomenal and this was the first time he ever acted. This is NOT a Disney type film and not for people looking for an easy "feel good" family film, it's moody and sad and It captures the consequences of a terrible war, and the difficulties of social strata in England, the corruption of childhood, among many other things. BUT...It does not diminish my love for Pooh and his friends and my love for the hundred acre woods. It only has increased my empathy for this whole family, and their struggles. Again, this is a serious, imaginative and special film. I don't recommend it for very young children and as I said above and will say again, "This is NOT a Disney type film and not for people looking for an easy "feel good" family film. But it is a film worth seeing and I hope you do get to see it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Of The Day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear friends and family, Have a lovely day ahead and be blessed.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a very interesting review. I hope I have an opportunity to see the movie in the future. Hope you are having a very blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see that. I read a bio of AA Milne and it said Christopher ended up really disliking his father for the fame he caused.Very sad.
    Great review Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your review. I didn't know this about A.A.Milne. Have a blessed day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.