June 30, 2018

Saturday 9: Back In The USA (1978)

Joining in on Saturday 9 for today.  I first saw this on Annie's blog last weekend and thought I would join in with this weeks:


SATURDAY 9: BACK IN THE USA (1978)
This song "Back In The USA" can be found on YouTube if you are not familiar with it.

1) This song lists seven cities -- New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge and St. Louis -- that Linda just loves. How many have you visited?  2: New York and Los Angeles and passed through Chattanooga.

2) The lyrics refer to hamburgers sizzling on the grill. What toppings do you believe make a perfect burger?  My choices are melted cheese and onions. I'm not one for ketchup or mustard.

3) The original recording of this song by Chuck Berry has always been one of Linda Ronstadt's favorites, one she used to enjoy singing along with in the car. What's the most recent song you sang?  Just this morning it was, "Ebb Tide".

4) Linda sang The National Anthem at Game 3 of the 1977 World Series. The New York Yankees won both that game and the series. How is your baseball team doing this season?  My Yankees are doing fine thank you!

Since this is our last Saturday 9 before Independence Day, let's ask some questions about the holiday.

5) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits on Independence Day?  My strongest drink on any day/holiday is coffee.

6) The first man to sign the Declaration of Independence, John Hancock, said he wrote his name so large King George could see it, even without his glasses. Do you require glasses for reading?  Only when the words are micro small. I have 20-20 vision thanks to cataract surgeries.

7) Since July 4 is a federal holiday, banks are closed and there's no mail delivery. Thanks to email and ATMs, Sam finds going without those services isn't a hardship. What about you? Will you find it inconvenient that banks and the USPS are closed on July 4?  No, I rarely use an ATM and do my banking online.

8) The first 4th of July parade each year is held at 12:01 AM in Gatlinberg, TN. Will you attend a parade or fireworks to celebrate the 4th?  Again, no. I get to watch the town's firework display from my window.

9) More and more Americans celebrate our nation's holiday by eating foods from Italy and Germany. For the July 4, 2016 holiday, more than $50 million was spent on Italian sausage and bratwurst. What's on your 4th of July menu?  Whatever I'm in the mood for. If I have to choose it would probably be grilled sausage with peppers and onions on a sub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

6 comments:

  1. 20/20 vision! That must be so wonderful! I need my contacts if I want to see anything at all, and depend on my reading glasses for the teeny tiny stuff.

    Welcome to Saturday 9. Glad to have you with us, and enjoy the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your first Sat 9 and I did mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have driven through Chattanooga a million times. I am not sure I've ever stopped there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sandwich sounds wonderful. Maybe I'll have that. :o)
    Wonderful about your eyes.... I can't wait to get cataract surgery. I might start agitating if it isn't on offer by the end of this fiscal year.
    And welcome to Saturday 9. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful day/holiday. We are still up in the air about what we are doing. We usually host a big gathering here, but it doesn't seem to be happening this year. So...we'll probably stay home and eat a hot dog. or a hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers, smiles. I wear bifocals because I have a stymatisim. (spelling)

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.