July 28, 2018

Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970)

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.

Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here.

1) This week's song is the theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a sitcom that originally aired from 1970 to 1977. Were you a fan?  Yes. In fact I still watch it once in awhile on Hulu. Loved it from day one.

2) The song tells us that Mary Richards can turn the world on with her smile. Yet the real-life Mary Tyler Moore said she was uncomfortable with her "wide mouth." If you could improve on one of your facial features, which would you choose?  I think it would be my nose which isn't that large but I would have it smaller.

3) We also hear that Mary can "take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile." What do you think makes a day "a nothing day?  Absolutely doing that, nothing! 😊

4) Mary works in the newsroom at WJM. Her desk is neat as a pin. Are you neat? Or do you lean to the sloppy side?  Definitely neat. A place for everything and everything in it's place. I'm a known OCD person to my family.. 😏

5) Mary's best friend, Rhoda, worked as a window dresser at Hempel's department store. What department store did you most recently shop at? What did you buy?  I'm an online shopper and mostly buy from my Amazon Prime and sometimes QVC. The last thing I bought was a pair of soap dispensers for the bathroom from Amazon and Clark's sandals from QVC.

6) Mary Richards lived in Minneapolis. What city is nearest to where you are right now?  The closest would be Hudson, NY.
7) Originally the part of Mary Richards was written as a divorcee, but in 1970, there were no TV shows that centered around a divorced woman. Think about the women in your life. Are most of them married, divorced, single or widowed?  A mix in my family as for me I'm divorced since 1995 and never an urge to make the same mistake twice.

8) The MTM production company logo featured a mewing kitten. The cat was found in a Minneapolis shelter, and, after her sequence was shot, she was adopted by a crew member who named her Mimsie. What's the name of the last cat -- or dog or hamster or rabbit -- that you petted?  The last dog I petted was my niece's dog Harry.

9) Random question -- Would you rather have a job that kept you seated on your fanny or standing on your feet?  ~ I've had both as employee and employer/owner and now that I'm retired I prefer sitting on my fanny. 😇
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping With The Subject, A Mary Tyler Moore Quote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

18 comments:

  1. #1: If you have cable, you may want to look up the Decades channel. They should MTM and Bob Newhart every day.

    #9: I was just at the doctor on Friday and we had a lovely little chat about arthritis. I don't think these old knees could handle standing all day anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have cable here. It's too expensive. I have Roku and I get to see everything from the apps I pay monthly for, many through Amazon Prime. I too can't walk much because of arthritic knees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the MTM show in years and that photo you put at the beginning kind of shocked me for a moment...they are all so very young! Are any of them even alive other than Cloris Leachman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Newsday these members are still alive:
      BETTY WHITE, 95 (man-hungry Sue Ann Nivens, aka “The Happy Homemaker”)
      GAVIN MACLEOD, 85 (news writer Murray Slaughter) ...
      CLORIS LEACHMAN, 90 (nosy landlady Phyllis Lindstrom) ...
      VALERIE HARPER, 77 (Mary's BFF Rhoda Morgenstern) ...
      GEORGIA ENGEL, 68 (Ted's wife, Georgette Franklin Baxter)

      Delete
  4. I always enjoyed her show...it was at least clean and decent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE HUDSON!!! sorry for shouting, lolol---you know that's our old stomping ground. I enjoyed your answers, Toni. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think doing nothing is actually doing something, destressing. Many times I sit on the deck and just listen to to he birds and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the print of your city, Hudson. Is that from the past? Would like to visit. I still watch MTM occasionally. That's a nice pic of them together on your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's still the same today. This is the main street called Warren Street.

      Delete
  8. I love love your blog and poetry and photos!!
    I also live in a senior over 50 since December-big adjustment but like it! I am only 70 but this was good choice!! I am a retired educator and give poems A plus!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I appreciate that. I'm happy to know you.

      Delete
  9. Lve love NYC-was there February again! Love Agatha Christie too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Mary Tyler Moore Show, and also enjoyed her on the Dick Van Dyke show before that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As far as neatness goes I'm not quite as OCD as you are but everything related is in the same general area, and probably stored in a box there.
    Have a lovely rest of the weekend. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really miss Mary. I watch on Hulu as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is an inspirational journal for daily devotions-art-Christian sayings-poems-pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Toni! I never watched Mary Tyler Moore, so I decided not to do this one. I think I would love it. It is crazy I have never watched it. My son has. I was like 5-6 years old when it was on and even re-runs, I always thought it looked boring...I was too little. I would love it now. Loved your answers!
    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.