September 19, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Crunching Leaves

Looking forward to the "real" Autumn weather in my area and remembering what it was like walking with my kids through crunching leaves beneath our feet on our many leaf peeking trips. I thought I would invite you to "take a walk with me".

Crunching Leaves

Come my friend, take a walk with me
Through colors bright and blazing
As leaves slowly fall from every tree
And crunch beneath our stepping feet

A walking bridge will mark our path
Beneath the bridge a flowing stream
As Autumn's chill surrounds us now
And mirrors a blazing colorful scene

It's early morning here in the park
Empty now of Summer's many sounds
As only our footsteps will we hear
And crunching leaves on fallen ground

So come my friend and walk with me
And crunch the leaves under our feet
As they slowly fall from every tree
Before we end our Autumn retreat.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed my "Crunching Leaves" poem. Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.

6 comments:

  1. I did enjoy your Autumn poem, and do look forward to crunching leaves beneath my feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were enjoying the chill and the autumn leaves. It is still very much summer here with temperatures in the 90's and everything is green. But thankful for green and not brown! Very nice poem. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I enjoyed your poem. I enjoy them all. I am waiting patiently to hear the crunching leaves and feel the crisp autumn weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crunching leaves along the way. This is so lovely and brings back happy memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni, I always enjoy your poems. I have fond memories of playing in the leaves as a child. Usually when my dad was raking them up. I hope you get your coat soon. Have a nice weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.