September 12, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ The Weathered Trunk

Years ago I lived in a Cape Cod type home with an attic or large crawl space as some might say and we kept quite a few things in there that we rarely looked at or used. As with others it was basically a storage place for lonely and unwanted things  (a.k.a. junk 😊)  This made me think what if it was a trunk forgotten in the corner. Well here are my thoughts in poem form.

The Weathered Trunk

Hidden in the attic and sitting all alone
A weathered trunk sits forgotten and forlorn.

Wanting to be opened to show what's inside
Memories and earlier life not meant to hide.

Wondering and when the trunk was placed
And who the secrets inside had embraced.

Looking for the key to open its treasures
Did it hold sadness or wonderful pleasures

Where is that key I wonder to myself
I see not a table, a night stand or a shelf.

Yes someday soon I'll find that trunk's key
To open its treasures maybe meant for me.

Still hidden in the attic in a corner alone
An old trunk sits unopened and forlorn.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, have a day of blessings.

8 comments:

  1. Love your poems! Have a great day and drink coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt and uncle in upstate NY had an old farm house with an attic full of stuff. I used to love to go up there and look around. I remember a dress form and lots of boxes and furniture. It was a magical place for me. Love your poem. You express your thoughts so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem and I like the saying. Yes we miss childhood and the simple life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find some way to open that trunk. Key or no key! Where is it? I'll get it open! LOL. You've got me curious!! I love this...I love all things old and full of history and secret "treasures". I wonder if someday someone will wonder about the things I left behind? Love your poem. I am missing the "home" of my childhood...but I know I can't go back. So thankful for happy memories. God was very good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Pamela, The fun is in the wondering where the key is. To force it open would not make the poem a curious mystery.

      Delete
  5. There are so many things I wish I could go back and ask of the people I loved. Each one of them would be the key to the past and be a treasure trove of information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem, Nana. I love reading your poetry. And I love that quote, too! I know I'm still young, but I can see why my mom always told me not to be in a rush to grow up! I was looking through my childhood scrapbook my Mema made me last night and I so wish I could go back to just being a kid sometimes! Adulthood is not what it's cracked up to be lol.

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.