October 27, 2018

Saturday 9: "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Theme

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.


Saturday 9: "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Theme
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
Here

1) The Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock, was born in England. Name another pop culture contribution England has made.  Plenty, The Beatles, David Bowie, The Kinks, and many more rock and pop groups.

2)This week's song is recognized as the theme to Hitchcock's long-running TV show, but "Funeral March for a Marionnette" is a classic piece written for piano in the late 1870s by Charles Gounod. Do you often listen to classical music?  Very often and times I prefer it. My favorites besides The Four Tenors are Andrea Bocelli, Il Divo, Il Volo, Mario Frangoulis and others.

3) Janet Leigh's shower scene in Hitchcock's Psycho is considered one of the scariest sequences ever filmed. What's the most frightening movie you've ever seen?  To me it was the original film "The Haunting with Julie Harris. It was the kind of movie that made you use your own mind and my mind really envisioned plenty. 😯

4) Hitchcock admitted that he "never trusted birds," and he took that fear and turned it into the movie, The Birds. Is there a member of the animal kingdom that just gives you "the creeps?"  No but I fear creepy crawly insects and snakes.

5) Halloween will soon be upon us. Will you carve a jack o'lantern this year?  No, I don't celebrate Halloween.

6)What candy will trick or treaters get at your house?.  None, my apartment complex is secured and living in the country trick or treaters don't get here.

7) When you went trick or treating, did you prefer fantasy costumes (like a storybook character) or scary ones (like a monster)?  See question 5

8) Which candy was your favorite? Which one were you disappointed to find in your trick or treat bag?  Again, see question 5. I never went trick or treating.

9) Random question -- Which do you find scarier -- cemeteries or haunted houses?  Neither as I don't believe in ghosts. 😵

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping With The Subject Thought For The Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

8 comments:

  1. OOOOH! That old b&w Julie Harris is a scary one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like scary, so Halloween is not my thing, but for those that do, guess it is a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The four tenors are great!!
    Enjoyed your post as I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in high school, my theater class went to see Julie Harris on broadway. We got to meet her because she was friends with our teacher. She was so lovely. Thanks for bringing back that memory. I saw Andrea Bocelli and his son on GMA this week. They were wonderful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen The Haunting, but I can almost guarantee you Josh has. I do not watch scary movies any more because they give me nightmares. I believe Hallmark starts Christmas movies tonight. I am so excited!
    I am not scared of cemeteries either. The man made haunted houses can be really scary, I do not go to those anymore either. Our preacher is preaching on the paranormal tomorrow, it will be good. He says Christians take part in more paranormal activity than we should. Loved your answers! Have a great

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, wait..you never went Trick and Treating? ((big smiles)) I enjoyed your post---ain't this weather something? I'm not complaining, I rather be cold than hot. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked trick or treating when I was young, but in our rural area we never have visitors. Sometimes I go watch the Halloween parade in town, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like Halloween either. It is so creepy!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.