November 25, 2018

The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

It's that time of year to remind you that the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree a 75 ft. Norway Spruce and world-wide symbol of the holidays in New York City will be lit for the first time on Wednesday, November 28th and remain lit until January 7th 2019. There will be live performances from 7–9 pm, at Rockefeller Plaza, between West 48th and West 51st Streets and Fifth and Sixth Avenues. From what I can see this year's tree is beautiful. I only get to see it on TV. These photos are from this year's tree found on the net.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until next time dear family and friends be blessed


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful..one day I shall make it down there to see the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since my daughter works in the city, she might get to see it lit this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis the season!! The tree there is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree is always a great sight to see! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and your poems!!!
    Does anyone know why me myself and I blog is gone???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I didn't realize the blog no longer existed. Thank you so much Brenda for both your compliments (very much appreciated) and letting us know about the blog.

      Delete
  6. Oh my mercy! How beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen it one time, in my early 20s and when I lived in upstate NY, My ex-husband was in the Coast Guard, stationed on the USCGC Dallas in Governor's Is and I went to visit a weekend near Christmas. NYC is quite the place at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small world Melanie. When my kids were in their early 20's, I have a cousin (my Father's Sister's son) who was a Lt. Col. in the Coast Guard and our whole entire family celebrated a family reunion on Governor's Island for my cousin. What fun having 50 of us on the Ferry from NY to the Island passing Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. We have been to NYC many times and they enjoyed the store windows, the Christmas Tree and skaters during Christmas time. No place like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.