November 28, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ The Christmas Visit

Getting to see some houses in my area starting to decorate with so many beautiful lights on my way home last Friday evening from my niece and nephew's, my mind began to form a poem. Being tired of two days of fun with family I forgot about it until Saturday night when I spotted this photo on Pinterest. Yes I was able to copy the photo and use it. Anyway I hope you like the poem. I know I do... 😇


The Christmas Visit 

As I stand here in the driveway
In the cold and falling snow
I can see from your windows
Pretty lights that softly glow

I start walking toward the door
Where a holly wreath is hanging
As I ring the doorbell to enter
I can hear the children singing

As I enter into this joyous home
That is filled with faith and love
And greeted by my loving family
That I am so happily proud of

The yule log in the fireplace
Dancing flames a warming sight
Christmas carols are playing now
As this makes for a perfect night

Here we are in hand and prayer
As we celebrate our Lord's birth
We can almost hear the angels sing
Of good will and peace on earth.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear friends and family have a blessed week.



5 comments:

  1. I really love this poem and the photo is perfect with it. I put my wreath on the door today. Tree is up but I can't really decorate it alone and my daughter is in the city all week. Normally she works from home 3 days a week.
    I want to do a card exchange again this year. I hope people will join in. I think its a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem, I could picture it in my mind, so serene.
    Have a blessed Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your poems! The picture fits your poem...and I love them both. Hope your day is happy and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. A great illustration for your photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.