November 14, 2018

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Closet In The Attic

I was always the kind who would imagine stories of things that are different and sometimes strange like a script of the Twilight Zone. And when I am in that imagining stage I write a poem or short story that comes to mind. Much like my creative adventure meme. This is one of my poems which I imagined and am posting it for you to enjoy.


Closet In The Attic

The big old closet in the attic holds a secret place
Among the many dresses made of antique lace.

And in the corner of the closet sitting on the floor
Is a child's doll house and inside a family of four.

You can almost hear their voices singing from within
And the sound of music softly coming from a violin.

Quietly the children watched not making a sound
While their parents danced so happily all around.

Soon the music stopped no sound again was made
And the light inside the house soon began to fade.

Yes the closet in the attic holds a secret place
There among the dresses made of antique lace.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For The Day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until next time dear family and friends have a day of blessings

6 comments:

  1. What a cute and fun poem Toni. I enjoyed it and the photos you shared along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this poem, and the story about the doll house and the family of four. Got my imagination going...maybe it's time for your creative writing ideas to flow again!!! Loved this. Always wanted a doll house....and a a closet in the attic is always intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem...looks to be a major snow storm will be moving in tomorrow... (ducking, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great poem and one that enabled me to envision it all happening as I read each line. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a story this would make! I remember one of a girl living in a doll house and a man who fell in love with her. It was on TV and I think the Twilight Zone or something.
    Always love reading your poems.
    Hope you don't get too much snow or better none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand, Toni. When my imagination is running wild, I have to put it on paper - or a lap top screen. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.