December 1, 2018

Saturday 9 ~ Call Me (1966) ~ Chris Montez

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.


Saturday 9: Call Me (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here

1) Chris Montez sings that you can always call him, regardless of the hour. Do you believe that it's ever too late to phone someone?  Yes I do. Early morning and late at night and if they are working unless it's an emergency.

2) He insists that you can depend on him, even when your friends desert you. Who is someone you can trust to have your back, no matter what?  My children, grandson and my siblings. For that matter my whole family.

3) Billy Crystal serenades Meg Ryan -- via answering machine -- with "Call Me" in When Harry Met Sally. Answering machines have been replaced by voice mail. Who most recently left you a voice mail?  My grandson Dominic and my daughter Elena.

4) Chris Montez is a graduate of El Camino College in Torrance, California. The average daytime temperature in November in Torrance is 70ΒΊ. How is the weather where you are today?"  Here in upstate New York it's winter so it's cold and blustery. Average temps go from below freezing to freezing.

5) Today Chris actively promotes a healthy lifestyle to children. He was honored for his efforts by the group SOPA (Stop Obesity, Promote Activity). Do you believe you get enough exercise?  No way. With my poor body health the most walking and exercising I get is to go from one room to the other. 😊

6) Released in late 1965, "Call Me" became a big hit in 1966, reaching #2 on the charts. Even though it sold millions of copies and was certified as a Gold Record, it never hit #1. Is winning, or being the best, important to you?  No even though I enjoy winning and being the best. If it's not to be, I really don't care. The fun is in the playing and enjoying the game.

7) In 1966, when this was playing on juke boxes, kids were watching Batman and Star Trek. If you had your choice of watching an episode right now, which would you choose: Star Trek or Batman?  Hands down it's Star Trek. I'm a trekkie from day one.

8) Also in 1966, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was born. Do you enjoy cooking?  Yes I do but living alone I don't cook or bake as much any more. For the holidays I still will cook or bake to add for family gatherings. This Christmas I'll be cooking for my son, daughter-in-law and a young friend and my sister Phyllis. I'm thrilled to be having Christmas at home with family.

9) Random question: You have the opportunity to perform in the circus! Would you rather be shot from a cannon, or put your head in the lion's mouth?  Yea! Right! If I had my druthers I'd be the Ring Master or maybe a clown. πŸ˜‰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed



9 comments:

  1. Your Christmas plans sound wonderful. Nothing like family for the holidays. My nephew was a clown for Ringling Brothers. So he got to live that dream.
    I also did a Saturday 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at #9, because either choice would be difficult! Sounds like your Christmas his year will be wondeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your answer to #6 is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you will have family and friends at home for Christmas! I hope it's a wonderful day.
    Your answer about the circus was funny...maybe you'd do well as the clown??
    By the way, I like your header photo. Such a pretty room and I love the red and white tulips. I never thought of them as Christmas flowers, but they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are going to have a fun Christmas filled with family! How wonderful!
    Oh Toni, clown was not a choice or ring master you silly goose. My thinking on the lion's mouth was, they are trained and you know how I love animals. I am scared of heights, so I do not want to be shot out of a cannon. Hahahahha Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. #8--living by myself it's too much hassle and mess to cook often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get a lot of my exercise going from room to room - but I make sure I do it a lot. I am up and down constantly - can't stand to sit too long and can't stand to stand too long!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. πŸ’œ Many blessings dear friends.