January 23, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ My Grandchildren

This is a special poetry entry for me as I'm celebrating my two grandchildren's birthday with poems I wrote specifically for them. I've also added photos with each poem. Dominic's birthday is the 27th and his sister Jessica's birthday is the 29th. of January. Eight years between them. Jessica is the oldest. They are my daughter Elena's children. 

Jessica and Her Sons

Remembering back to a beautiful little girl
And of picking her up to give her a whirl.

Giggling out loud as her arms hold on tight
Around the room we both take off in flight.

Now looking at photos of times gone by
Remembering those days with a soft sigh.

Those happy days as she spent time with me
Now miles apart as the years swiftly flee.

And seeing her photos a mom all grown
With four adorable sons of her own.

She calls every weekend to tell me what's new
And always asks, "what's happening with you?"

Then ending the call with "Jessica I love you"
She answers me with, "Nana I love you too".


Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dominic And His Nephews
Looking at my grandson I wonder where the years have gone.
A tall young man who stands before me with twinkling dark eyes,
His crooked smile belies a serious stance gazing ahead.
26 years of age and a handsome young man is he,
I shake my head slowly as I study the photo in my hands.

I close my eyes and my mind wanders back nineteen plus years,
I'm remembering the little boy running to me with open arms.
Those same dark eyes twinkling and happy to see me.
I can still feel his little arms tightly holding on,
As I pick him up and dance around the room with him.

I'm remembering him cuddled on the couch as he fights sleep,
He listens while I softly sing a lullaby or two to him.
And as I slowly get up to make him comfortable,
His little hands reach out to prevent me from doing so,
"Sing some more Nana" he says, And sing to him I do.

Those were happy days having him spend time with me.
Now miles apart and years passing quickly by,
He calls me often just to talk and say hello.
"Did the Yankees win? Wish I was there with you"
"I love you Nana" he says, I answer, "I love you too".


Toni Taddeo ©
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until The Next Time Have A Day Of Blessings Dear Family and Friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem! do you keep them in a book? You are blessed! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The years pass but the love is still as strong as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet poem and beautiful pictures. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poems will be treasures for your grandchildren. Enjoyed the pictures and the beautiful poems you wrote. Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.