January 16, 2019

Wednesday's Poetry Day ~ Open Your Eyes

This is my latest poem written last Thursday. Every once in awhile my mind wanders and imagines there may be someone out there that hasn't actually opened their eyes to see what is really in front of them and this came to me in the form of the following poem.


Open Your Eyes

Have you ever seen the beauty of an evening sky
If you didn't, don't let an evening pass you by

Have you ever seen the mist on a morning dawn
If you didn't, then child you were never born

Have you ever seen a rainbow after the rain
If you didn't, you aren't as smart as you claim

Have you ever seen Autumn color fallen leaves
If you didn't, oh my, that's so hard to believe

Have you ever seen the snow of a winter storm
If you didn't, then again, you were never born

Open your eyes and look at life's changing world
Get out and see what you haven't seen before

The beauty of God's hand on this wonderous earth
All it takes is getting up and walking out the door.

Toni Taddeo ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thought For Today

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until next time have A Day Of Blessings Dear Family and Friends.

6 comments:

  1. For sure, there is lots to see if we just open our eyes and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...knowing who to thank.

    That says it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this...yes, I do open my eyes to God's beauty every day that I can. That is my solace and joy. And yes, I do know who to thank for it. We have an amazing Creator, Heavenly Father, Savior, God. Your poetry is such a gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good poem and such a good message! I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! You have such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Toni! I always enjoy your poetry. I have only seen it snow twice in my life and it was so exciting. Really hoping we get up to the mountains this winter. It is a 2 hour drive. There should be a lot with all the rain we are getting. Thanks for tagging me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.