April 27, 2019

Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away (1985)

Being it's Saturday I'm joining in on  *Saturday 9*  for today. Hope You join in too. It's a fun meme.


Paul Young
Every Time You Go Away (1985)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here

1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to?  My grandson after talking to him on the phone just now.

2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doesn't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel?  Writing poetry and drawing. I stopped painting when I discovered computers and reverted to pixels and computer graphics.

3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage?  Love, honesty, compassion, faith, and agreeing to agree.

4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support.  I support St. Jude's and The Wounded Warriors Program.

5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song?  "You've Lost That Loving Feelin'"

6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank?  Coffee and more coffee. Also water in-between coffee. 😉

7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name?  I've yet to see a Hurricane Toni anywhere.

8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them?  I've seen every movie and TV show made. I cried with all of them. We used to go down to the NY docks when many members of my family came over on the SS Andrea Doria and when it sank in 1956 we were shocked, sad and yet thankful none of our family were on that voyage.

9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store? Why?  Coffee Shop hands down. I'm a true coffee addict and would probably be my own best customer. 😍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Until the next time dear family and friends, be blessed

5 comments:

  1. It would take a lot of hurricanes in one season to get to the "M's" & "T's". I hope we never see that many. I believe I've watched every movie and documentary on the Titantic. Anything about true events interest me, even the fiction stories about true events!! Hope you're having a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your family's story re: the Andrea Doria is really something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you would have a coffee shop Toni and it would be amazing!
    I enjoyed your story about the Andrea Doria. So interesting. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Andrea Doria story. I agree about the coffee shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I were better with drawing/graphics/art in general. Oy.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.