September 23, 2019

Whimsical Bronze Statutes In NYC

Located in the 14th Street and 8th Avenue station are over 100 little cast-bronze sculptures depicting life in NYC. When artist Tom Otterness started the Life Underground installation back in 2002, he probably could never have imagined how popular it would become. Of course, the work took 10 years to complete and the artist ended up making four times the amount of work he was originally commissioned to create. Here are just five of his cute and creative sculptures. The first one is his playground built in 2006 in Silver Towers, New York, New York.








Not sure when I'll post again as I now prepare for my operation on Wednesday. I'll be spending time with family the next two days. So dear friends and family until the next time be blessed.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Toni, I will be praying for you. My aunt will be going through the same thing. You have lots of love and prayers covering you my friend. Hugs and blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Susan. Prayers for your aunt too. Love you dear friend. Hugs

      Delete
  2. I love them! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got tons of prayers going with you for all good things. Love you so much. Liked the post a lot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be lifting you up in prayer these next days and weeks. Hopefully someone will let us know how you are doing from time to time. Just please know you are loved by many, and most especially by God!! He is with you and will not leave you nor forsake you.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing comments from family and friends. Thank you so much for leaving one. 💜 Many blessings dear friends.